Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Challenge That Will Change Your Life.

What Would a Holy Woman Do?  

This was the question posed to we sisters in Relief Society.  The lesson was based on a book, What Would a Holy Woman Do?" by Wendy Watson Nelson.  It was an inspiring lesson and we were given the same challenge that was presented by the author of the book.
It lead me to purchase the book on my Deseret Bookshelf app and take the challenge.  

Whatwouldholywomando5103973_detail"If for just three day, you took the holy women challenge, what would you learn?  If, for just three days, you chose an activity, something you always do---just one activity each day--- and ask yourself the question "How would a holy woman do this?  What would a holy woman do?"---what would you be drawn to do?  How different would your days unfold if, in a difficult situation, you asked yourself "What would a holy woman do?"





I don't profess to be a "Holy Woman", but I came up with these few things I personally would like to focus on. 
* Start my day with prayer
* Have an attitude of gratitude(look for blessings in all things)
* Welcome Glen home at lunch & evenings (sometimes  the dogs greet him first) 
* Prepare dinner in advance (that way we're not eating at 8:00 pm)
* Do some form of exercise daily (Housework counts)

Wish me luck.  I feel a change already in just making the decisions to take the challenge
                                                                          





No comments:

Post a Comment